Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Up in the Mountains Over the Weekend

I spent the weekend at First Congregation's annual women's retreat at the St. Malo conference Center in Allenspark, CO. It is just 10-15 minutes south of Rocky Mountain National Park. Ever since I first saw it I have loved the 'Chapel On The Rock' which graces the entrance to the center and which I could see, bathed in morning light, from the balcony of my room. What a magestic view!

Tim the Cat had to stay at home but he was well looked after by my twin neighbor girls across the street. They obviously spent some time playing with him (for which I am very grateful!) because his basket of ping pong balls and stuffed mice was pulled out into the center of the rug and there were balls and mice everywhere when I got home.

It is good to go on retreat now and again. I hadn't spent time laughing, crying, dancing, sharing and reflecting with other women for a long time and it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment