Monday, February 2, 2009

Reaching one of my 100 goals in life!


When I was little my parents used to put my sister and I to bed before we were sleepy. What to do? I used to make up stories in the darkness to amuse myself. I thought, "When I grow up I am going to be a writer! I am going to publish books!" but when I shared this thought with my parents they strongly discouraged me from attempting to make my living in such a precarious way. So I became an English teacher instead... which lasted for all of one year... and now here I am a business skills trainer for small business owners. How did THAT happen?

Just today, though, I realized I made it. I DID become a published writer after all, even if I am self published and only my friends have found me (so far!) on the internet. I can't tell you how much pleasure I get from seeing these posts illustrated with photographs I have taken (mostly.)

I have often commented that I have waited for lifetimes for this generation where the tools of writing and publishing are positively at our fingertips! I am a very happy camper indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment