Friday, April 23, 2010

Inspired to start writing again

Why? Perhaps because I visited my own site the other day on a whim and suddenly missed the joy of taking pictures and posting them for the world to see along with stories and observations about my life on West Pearl. Perhaps because I clicked "next blog" and found the site of a person on a small island off the coast of Scotland and so liked her, from her writing, that I was glad.

Above is a picture taken in the east side yard of my little house. Imagine a whole yard covered with bright blue grape hyacinth. Here is another picture but taken from a distance the flowers do not show up as nicely.

And below is a picture of the crab apple tree in the front yard just about to burst entirely into bloom. You can see the carpet of blue in the background. I live in the upstairs and that nearly hidden window on the top right is my home office which looks right out into the pink!


But, guess what! It also snowed today. And it haled on Wednesday. Will there be any crab apples this year? You can see the blossoms knocked to the ground in the last picture. It is so amazing to me that the opening of the crab apple blossoms coincides with our last snowfall of the year so many times! Are there enough flowers not yet opened and not knocked down by hale? Will we have enough of a sunny day that the bees down the street can come find the flowers? We'll have to wait and see. If not... no crab apples in the fall! If there ARE crab apples I will make jelly... if not, perhaps bread.......

No comments:

Post a Comment